After 12 years of experience in a large, specialized veterinary hospital, I realize just how many pets have both emergency and elective surgical procedures every day.
Oftentimes, these are young, healthy dogs and cats that may have needed their ACL stabilized or bladder stones removed. They are sent home with stitches, medications and a cone around their head with detailed restrictions for several weeks. I am extremely well-versed in post-operative restrictions, medications, and overall care. Please consider me as your pet care assistant during these circumstances – I would love to help so that your life and work can continue as your pet heals.
Quality pet care in your home with a friendly, experienced veterinary technician
Choosing a Certified Veterinary Technician as your pet-sitter can allow you additional peace of mind. With over a decade of experience, I can offer you a more knowledgeable skill set:
- I am able to administer all varieties of medications, including insulin and subcutaneous fluids.
- I have a strong understanding of pharmacology and know when NOT to give a medication.
- I have a thorough understanding of post-operative care.
- I have a thorough understanding of disease processes.
- I am careful and attentive to breed-specific issues (ex. Bulldogs on hot days, Chihuahuas on cold days, etc.)
- I can recognize signs of illness and know the steps to take.
- I have extensive training in emergency medicine.